Monday, December 18, 2006

Library of the Streets


There is a library system in NY that has branches in every neighborhood and that uses a catalogue based on fate and/or chance to locate the book you are looking for/need.
It is the library of the streets.
Today I happened upon a women's studies/ bible study/photo branch at 362 Grand Ave. in Fort Greene, Brooklyn.
I would like to create a position and apply for it as Librarian of the Streets. I am not qualified though I am very enthusiastic about the position. In a way, this is the infinite library or possibly the infinite bookstore that the Infinite Museum has needed in order to become a force in our capitalist society. I did not take any of the books, though I did alphabetize them by author. If you read this and see a branch of the library system on the street, please email images to me so the library can expand. I will let everyone know if I get the position as Librarian of the Streets.

1 comment:

Carey Maxon said...

Je suis confuse, mais je me plaissent beaucoup les biblioteques petites.

About Me