Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Bed Stuy blooms in Spring

Thank god I survived that rough long winter. NOT.
But either way, I am ready for Bed-Stuy summer. Questionable papaya, coconut water, the island that is my roof, the surround sound effect that occurs on my block when everyone blasts HOT97 from their car stereos all at once. To celebrate, I bought new shoes at Payless and fed the compost pile while wearing the new shoes. During my hour lunch excursion to Payless, I met about 5 women from the neighborhood who were shopping for their 8-11 year old girls who, they complained, wore much larger shoes than I. Size 8! 9! 10! The general consensus is that after my generation they started putting something in the water, something in the food. 'These poor kids, the young ones are huge and the old ones never mature" -- quite a natural phenomenon! I was part of the 'old' category who never matures. Who knew?! I had a great time at Payless today, and I would like to thank the knowledgeable salespeople and fellow shoppers for helping me to select the best shoes for my feet.
So as per last spring, it is back to the garden of the fire escape and the transit authority of my bike.

About Me