Sunday, December 10, 2006

BEUYSNDAHOOD

This evening at my house there will be japancakes or okinamiyaki in the name of Sunday, Hiromi, Floor, and self-conscious attempts at socializing.
The weather has turned warm again and it is very confusing. Confusion is what I experienced last night when I attended a party/event at Jules de Balincourt's new art party space on Starr St. near Knickerbocker in Bushwick. A fellow I met there made fun of the faux naivety of the event and the host. He also had issued a complaint that some of the music was a little of the same silly artificial accidental quality. But here in Brooklyn we are tired of what is always of the art school! Right? When I leave town I find that I appreciate all the silly little attempts at making something great that we are all guilty of some days. From within the frenzy of puffy paint and b.o. ripped up t-shirts and yoga whining it is a little suffocating and redundant. If at all possible I am actively trying to step back and understand the sincere and ironic attempts as heartfelt and indicative of people trying hard not to watch tv and slowly dissolving oprah's empire. Oprah is skinny and she hates hip hop. Take her down.
DJ Donut really tore it up last night? Thanks, Sprinkles and Glaze! Maybe she should have a talk show too. She already has a job at CityArts. Next step, network television. She is skinny but in a good way because its from eating pudding pie and pancakes every day. And she doesnt make embarrassing public scenes running marathons and junk.
I ran into the guy that runs 3rd Ward today and he was walking a dog he named Indy. Something about his air along with slightly mod looking glasses and grey green color scheme alludes to a strange sort of Williamsburg royalty. He is a nice guy. Hands down.

I received a wonderful gift this morning, I was granted the yahoo email account 'beuysndahood'. In general I feel a strong desire not to give gifts that are futile objects for the sake of gifts. But a thoughtful gift on the National Day of Humanity (named so by Reagan) via email that takes up no space in my 7' x 10' room was really something. I think its my favorite gift I've been given in recent history. I like the idea of www gifts. The gift of infinite correspondence and participitation in a dimension that is as interesting as the one that stores our fridge and toilet.

No comments:

About Me