Friday, December 8, 2006

Homes

I have been trying to work on a project I started when I was in Chicago a few weeks ago. I took a picture of 6 if the houses I grew up in. We moved a lot and now, every few months I feel like I would like a big change like that. It is good to move and to clean underneath things.





My project now is to take them all apart and build one big mansion out of all of them, or a series of them. I have been making some collages and drawings of them. Too big to scan and show yet and I have yet to photograph them. The problem is that I am very slow. Process is so important to me. And with this, I tend to get a little lost in thought as I look at all my homes. I got stuck on a bungee barbie memory looking at the apt shown on the upper left. that balcony was right off of my bedroom and i threw a lot of stuff out of the window. I also recorded my first radio show from that room.

No comments:

About Me